Monday 23 February 2009

Something New For Me

Well, as a dressmaker, I am in my comfort zone. However, most people seem to think that because you can sew, you can make anything. Especially family members.

My sister asked me to make some seat covers for her two sofas. Aaah !!!. She has two dogs and cream sofas, I just wondered what took her soooo long to ask me, she was washing the covers several times a week in the bad weather.

So I got out my trusty sewing bible, Reader Digest Complete Guide to Sewing, wouldnt be without it xxxxx , and had a little look in the back . It has complete instructions for this task , thank goodness.

She had picked the fabric from a shop we visited in Trowbridge, Fabric Magic its called .
So, I got cracking , and here is the result.

Trouble is, we have enough left over for a couple of cushions too. She ordered extra fabric on top of what I said we needed, so I guess I should have seen this coming !

No comments:

Post a Comment