Saturday 11 September 2010

Something new

I have recently made something new for my Misi shop.

I have worked with some gorgeous fabrics in my time and find it very hard to throw, even the smallest, leftovers away. So I decided to make this large brooch / corsage .
The first layer is red silk Dupion, left over from a Medieval style wedding ( shown in old posts if you want to scroll down).

The organza petals on top of that, fabric left over from the beaded bridesmaids earlier this year ( again in previous post).


I then added some seed beads and glass beads.
I also thought that it could be used to decorate a handbag or a dress.
I am pleased with the final brooch, thought I might make some more. I know just the fabric for my next one !!

1 comment:

  1. lovely! I am rather partial to a corsage!! None of mine are as spectacular as this however ....

    ReplyDelete