Monday 11 May 2009

Costume Dress



Well, finally managed to get my old laptop on the go so that I can put some photos on line.

Cant really show too many until after the events they are for.

This dress is a similar dress to one that the lady saw in a museum. The lady in question seems to have money to spend on having dresses made, lucky her.I dont even know where she wears them. They are not for any other reason than she wants a dress and she loves old fashioned styles. She came to me with a picture taken in a museum in Bath , I think.


We could not find any fabric with a floral print that was the same so ended up making the base of the dress in a poly/cotton and I hand stitched the silkpetals onto it . She loves it.


She loves big girlie dresses and I love a challenge. Its not to everyones taste in todays world, but she was very happy with the end result. It has a hooped petticoat underneath to fill it out.


1 comment: