(reference previous post )
The pattern needed a lot of alteration . The lady came to me with the pattern and fabric from a shop. Unfortunately, I do not think the shop employs someone who is a dressmaker and the lining was not suitable for the design, also, because of the pale colour of the chiffon, everything needed to be doubled so that it did not look washed out. It took me a long time to work out how to alter the pieces and cut out the fabric so that it would all be able to come out of what she had bought !!!!
I would always suggest someone speaks to a dressmaker first before they purchase anything, could save time and money .
It really is a beautiful dress, but if you are tempted to get the pattern, make a sample one first.
One of the things I did was to use a skirt size 2x bigger than was suggested so that the skirt folds were nicer.
I still struggle to look at this picture as I know how nice it looked on her.
She brought the brooch with her, a friend of hers makes jewellry, nice to have friends like that :)
It finishes the dress off lovely.
For the Wedding Dress I had to downsize a 14,16,18,20 pattern, down to a size 10. Instead of a brooch I decided to put on lace and beading. I also made the skirt long, with a slight train on the back and one day will take a picture properly :) I am very pleased with it .
Happy Sewing x